Sunday, March 19, 2023

Flippity - My New Favorite FREE Resource for the World Language Classroom

 Have y'all heard of Flippity? Because it is my new absolute favorite resource to use in class. The only grade level that I haven't used it with yet has been kindergarten (and that's only because I'm too chicken to get out the chromebooks with them.)

Flippity is a bunch of free google sheets templates that become interactive games and manipulatives you can use in class. They can be customized for any subject or vocabulary. The matching game and the flashcards are my new favorites because you can add audio! Audio! The students can hear the words over and over as they practice them. 


Ways I've used it class so far...

Flashcards- students practice new vocabulary. You can also turn on the audio to hear each word.



Matching game - students race to match the cards. You can set it to have audio so students can hear each word. I usually have the word match to a picture (that I usually pull from flaticon.com). 


Manipulatives - students can drag pieces to do different things. In the picture below, third graders created sentences about what they did in each room of their house. In second grade I had different habitats and animals. Students sorted the animals under the different habitats. 


Board game - students roll the dice in the middle of the board and move their piece. In this game I had first graders name the food and say if they liked it or not in Spanish. On the dollar spaces, they clicked the card deck in the middle and had to add two prices together and answer in Spanish. 


There are a bunch more template but these four are my go tos at the moment. 

Pros:

Easy to use

Customizable to the vocabulary & content you want students to practice

AUDIO! You can set the audio to Spain Spanish or Latin American Spanish

FREE!

Students love playing the flippity games

Cons:

You can't track student progress or see who has completed what

It can take a minute to set up until you get the hang of it


Have you used Flippity? I'd love to know how you're using it. Share in the comments below!


Click here to follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment