Friday, January 5, 2018

Adorable First Grade Illustrations

Is there anything more precious than little kid drawings? If you answered no then you might be an elementary school teacher. 

My post on Places Around the School - Six Ideas for the FLES Classroom was already chock full of pictures but I just had to post up close pics of their illustrations on the large map we hung in our front hallway for our Spanish Speaking visitors.

This was a group effort by students from all 4 first grade classrooms.
This is the STEM lab. Check out the two students sitting at the table with a beaker of something green and smoking in between them. The other stick figure is our STEM teacher Ms. Napier. She's the only teacher that made it onto the map.
I would say this was me but it's in the wrong place on the map so I'm going to go with this is a student speaking Spanish in their sala de clase. 
I love the swings, the slide, the mud, and the four different suns. ¡Está super soleado!


Not pictured is a guitar in la clase de musica, lots of books on bookshelves in la biblioteca, a lone student eating lunch in la cafeteria and a house across the street. Also lots of very creative coloring. For the record our STEM lab is not green and purple striped.

What adorable drawings have your students made? Share in the comments below or on Twitter using the hashtag #earlylang!








3 comments:

  1. What a great unit! How often do you see your first graders and about how long was this unit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see my students every other day for 25 minutes. This unit took us about 4-5 weeks.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I'm about to do this with my second grade as a project. Did you follow a rubric to grade them?

    ReplyDelete