Saturday, December 6, 2014

All I Want for Christmas

I'll probably get lots of cookies, candles, and hand soap this year from my students. If I get really lucky someone might give me a restaurant gift card. But here's what I REALLY want for Christmas...



- For the laminator to have film. Why is it always empty when I have a bazillion things that need laminating? (Answer: Because every other teacher has a bazillion things to laminate. Solution? Stockpile film!)

- To find activities that have exactly the vocabulary that I need. I always seem to find things that have a few words I need and the rest are one of the million other ways to say things in Spanish.

- Chairs that magically push themselves in. Because my students seem incapable of doing it themselves. Despite practicing over and over. (This might be one of those things I just need to let go of.)

- For my fifth graders to stop saying buenas nachos instead of noches. It was funny the first 100 times, kids. Now it's just annoying.

- A healthy rest of the year. Because strep twice in three months is enough thank you.

- More time with my kids! Because 50 minutes every six days just isn't enough.


What do you want for Christmas this year? Leave a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. The chair thing is an ongoing battle. I remind them to push in their chairs if I catch them, but usually I just sigh and do it myself. (I teach high school and it's not worth the battle.)

    For Christmas, I want to empty out at least one, if not two of my file cabinets so I can make a reading corner for next year. That's an ongoing process, though - my predecessors were hoarders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new reading corner would be a Christmas gift to you AND your students. :-)

      Delete
  2. ¡Creatividad y energía! Running out of it already and it's only December!

    ReplyDelete